PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Opinion

nesta
08.05.06, 19:41
Hi from Spain, I´m converting my Tigra x14xe in a 20xe but I don´t know which gear use. Which would be better F16 or F20 gear??

I´m using Mtech conversion kit with motorsport hubs too.

Thanks Nesta

nesta
08.05.06, 19:46
Hi from Spain, I´m converting my Tigra x14xe in a 20xe but I don´t know which gear use. Which would be better F16 or F20 gear??

I´m using Mtech conversion kit with motorsport hubs too.

Thanks Nesta

I don´t understand german so I try to understand what I be able to with a dictionary...

NetKiller
08.05.06, 19:57
Hi there,

about what gear to use there is a lot of discussion here.
Ask 2 people and get 2 different answers.

Dirk from DSOP (dsop.net) avoids using the F20. He gets more damaged F20 back than F14/F15.

Using the F16 or F20 shouldn be any difference concerning the achievable top speed. also these two gears are made for the big block opel engines so that u dont have to alter any parts of em.

Using the F14/F15 results in the same top speed u had with the 14xe / 16xe before, but u reach it much faster. But these gears are made for the small block engines so that u have to alter the gears to fit it to the big block 20xe.

As described above theres a lot of discussion about that. The solution is up to you ;)
One main fact could be that normaly a private person is not able to alter a small block gear to fit on a big block machine. Using the F16 is in fact the easier way.

Kind regards

starfly
08.05.06, 20:32
Maybe u should use the one which is stronger, so the F20...Because with the 2L Enginge u`ve got a lot of power,so it might be a good idea to choose the one with a better Lifetime ;-) Because if u havent got Luck in life, u might break the F16 while Kicking ur Car...

Another reason might be: I dont remember an Open End Speedway in Spain *g* so the top speed should not be a reason to choose one of them... ;-)

nesta
09.05.06, 18:58
Thanks a lot.
I think I´ll use Astra gear F20, because is stonger than Tigra and I don´t want to repair it soon...

I think I can drive faster than F16 although in Spain is difficult to find any highway where U can drive more than 250km/h...

Best Regards

I follow your phoro, pics and videos

TIGRA FAN N#1