PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Lowering my Corsa C 1,8 sport

Onno
01.02.06, 19:21
Hello,

I hope you don't mind that I write in English but my German is not that well. (neather is my english but I'll give it a try anyway)

Last friday I lowered my car with Eibach Sportkit 30mm front and rear.
I combined the sportkit with the 'federteller' from Bonrath.
These lower the front of car 10mm extra.
Now there is a strange vibration in the car and I can't find out what it is.
Is it possible that the driveshafts need to be replaced with shorter ones or is 40mm lowering usually not a problem ?

I hope you are willing to help me with this problem.

Best regards,

Onno

By the way, is there a topic where i can intoduce myself to you all ?

Theux
01.02.06, 21:59
I don't think, that the driveshafts are the problem. When there are 30mm springs in your car, they you can use yor old driveshafts. Up to 40mm there is no problem. When you are lower than 40mm, then you should take shorter ones.

But the best way always ist to use undercarriage kit, than you don't have any problems.

Onno
01.02.06, 22:13
Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you tell me if the answer you gave me is general or specific for the Corsa C ? I had serveral lowered cars before and never had any problem with driveshafts or so.
I was very surprised by the fact that this time a vibration is the result.

Any other 'defect' that can couse these vibrations ?

Best regards,

Onno

Picmasta
01.02.06, 23:13
Perhaps you have the vibrations, because of the 'federteller' from Bonrath. Are the Springs still long enough, or can you move them up and down a little bit? You sometime get Problems with 'federteller' an shorter Springs, because they start moving.

Greetz Pic

Onno
02.02.06, 06:49
I can't move the springs up or down. When I mounted the springs and 'federteller' I checked this by 'pulling' the spring up and down and they couldn't move up or down.
When I shortened the spring with my hands I could move the springs in the 'federteller' from left to rigth a little but when I let them go they jumped into the right positon.

Tuning World
02.02.06, 11:59
Hi,

try to replace the Bonrath "Federteller" with your original parts.

in some cars you have this problem with theese "federteller" and vibrations.

JJ.Maverick
02.02.06, 19:07
hi,
sometimes the bonrath-thing is grinding on the top of the "Springhouse".

Onno
02.02.06, 19:48
The 'federteller' can't grind the 'springhouse' because it is not mounted near that.
Not the complete top plate is replaced by the bonrath-thing.
The top plate is combined out of 2 parts. One part (the one the spring fits in) is replaced. The other (original part) comes on top of that. That one is in contact with the 'springhouse'. The two parts are seperated from eachother with a bearing.

original from top to bottom:
1. Big rubber round block
2. The plate the spring fits in (dirtcap is part of this)
3. The spring

Now from top to bottom:
1. Big rubber round block
2. Bearing
3. Bonrath-thing
4. Spring

The Bonrath-set came with a new dirtcap that is mounted over the shaft of the shockabsorber en fits between the bumbstop and the bonrath-thing.

I checked the driveshafts if they can move. On one side I could move it a little on the other side I couldn't. By moving I mean in and out of gearbox. Should they be able to move or schouldn't they ?

I had several problems with the gearbox (and other parts) before and there has always been a small vibration in the car the dealer can't solve (My lawyer is preparing a lawsuite against the dealer and Opel Nederland).

Is it possible that because the car is stiffer now I just notice it more ?

:(

Onno
02.02.06, 19:51
Just want 2 say I really appriciate the afford you all do or did to try and help me !

:) :) :) :)

JJ.Maverick
02.02.06, 21:10
hi

are u sure, that the vibration came only from the springside?

it looks like an open screw or anything else.

are the vibrations only at fast drive or even in very slow driving?

have u controlled the track from ur tires?

sorry for this simple questions.

Onno
02.02.06, 21:16
I an feel the vibration when I drive 20k. It feels like the car has a wheel thats not straight. It feels like the front of the car is moving from left to right or up and down.
At 200k it feels like a toy for woman :wink:

It seems worse when I accellerate...
I can't hear anything tick like some bolt is not tightend.

JJ.Maverick
02.02.06, 21:34
the wheels are running straight on?
hav u lifted the car for a look?

check the wheels, by push and pull hard on it.
possible theres any free play?

Onno
03.02.06, 20:38
Tomorrow I will replace the bonrath things with the original.
Let's hope that solves the porblem. I'll keep you all posted.

And again; Thanks for the answers !

Onno
04.02.06, 12:54
I found the problem.
Taking a bump in the road with throttle on the floor...
The driveshafts started vibrating verymuch...
It seems as if the xtra lowering with the bonrat-things is 2 much... :(
I'm gonna remove the bonrath-things now and lets hope that solves the problem.... :roll:

Now my question is:
How do you guys do that with lowering 60mm :?:
Do you replace the driveshafts with shorter ones :?:

Onno
04.02.06, 15:25
Problem is stillthere :evil:
It must be a problem that has been there but is noticed because the car is stiffer now.
I'll contact the dealer monday.