PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Rev. limiter for X16XE with Powerbox?

Inferno
23.12.06, 16:29
Hello,

Where should be the rev. limiter at a Tigra 1.6 with full exhaust, air filter, headers, port & polished cylinder head, piggy-back, chip and Powerbox? Now it's at 7250 rpm but there is no power decrease at top and I think I should move it up a little more, perhaps much more.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8986/dynosondn2.th.jpg (http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dynosondn2.jpg)

Any suggestion and feedback will be welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Regards,

And,
Turkey

Blitzcrieg
23.12.06, 18:06
first of all, sorry for my bad english ;)

Normally I only speak two languages, german and bad german...

sorry, but what the hell is a "piggy back" ? Do you know another word for it ?

to the topic...

I would say, that a rev-limiter at 7250 rpm ist the limit to keep the engine and all important parts healthy.
Maybe 7500 would be possible, but I would not recommend to drive these Revs for a long distance. The "Hydrostößel" ( the Things that adjust the "gap" between the camshaft and the valves ) only survive Revs under 7500, and even Revs below 7500 could hurt these "Hydro Stößel", if you drive it for a long time.

In my opinion you should get used to this rev limit. To raise the limit could mean that your engine looses some Reliability/Durability.
Like I said, maybe 7400... but not more.
Also the bearings are often responsible for engine damages of the x14xe/x16xe series. Maybe this should give you some thoughts...

I think the curve of the diagram is quite flat at its ending. I would leave the rev limiter where it is... I think there isnt much more potential that you could set free by raising the limiter...

Hope I could help you...

Good Luck with your engine ( nice Data by the way ),
and Merry Christmas

Inferno
23.12.06, 18:54
Piggy-back is the unit that lets you manipulate your ECU. I'm using Perfect Power SMT-6, and japanese car users generally choose GReddy e-Manage.

Thanks for the answer. I was also thinking of a 7500 RPM. I'm not running at high revs for a long time but I'd just like to use my car's full potential when I need it. Let's see. Thanks again.