PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Advice needed clearing Group-A

Onno
25.12.08, 10:19
Hi, i need some advice...
I bought a M-tech Group-A (63,5mm) system (perfect fitting!!! :thumsup:), but after 1000km it still sounds like my standard exhaust... I already sprayed a can of wd40 in the rear silencer but that didn't give the satisfying result... It's a bit louder now but stil not what i'm looking for... :(

My idea is:
option 1: remove the first silencer, pour the inside with gasoline en light it... This in the hope that it will burn away the material that absorbs the 'noise' and than mount it again.

option 2: option 1 but not with the first but the rear silencer...

What will the effect be ? Has anyone tried this before...

I dont want a screaming mickey mouse sound (like a lot of civic's have :thumbdown:), and don't want the windows of the house shaking when i start the car.... ;), but i do want to hear a deep sound...

it has to sound something like this: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=e_s99ppC1EA

I have tried the search but couldn't find the answer... maybe because of the language... :blushing:

GSI-Town
25.12.08, 10:45
Hi maybe you can weld a Tube inside the 1st Silencer?!

Onno
25.12.08, 11:00
Hi maybe you can weld a Tube inside the 1st Silencer?!

I can weld a complete tube that replaces the frist silencer but that's the difficult option.... I prefer the easyway... :whistling:

Is the first silencer the one that absorbs the (most) noise ? I didn't test it without the rear silencer yet....

DDStyle87
25.12.08, 11:41
Usually it's the first Silencer that filters most of the volume ;)

Onno
28.12.08, 14:16
Nobody ? :(