Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4

Thema: Anyone fitted tempomat unit in a tigra?

cosminache
    Gast

Anyone fitted tempomat unit in a tigra?

did anyone fit a tempomat unit from vectra or omega in a tigra?
    is the speed signal compatible?

Senior
    Yes the speed signal is compatible. There is probably differences in the amount of impulses per kilometer though which will mean the effective speed at which the cruise control unit will allow you to enable it and at which it will automatically disable itself will differ from the one noticed in the car the cruise control is originally from.
    The cruise controls from the Astra G will probably fit best, as the Astra G has the best matching K-value (impulses per kilometer, 159xx i think as opposed to the Tigras 168xx) but are also the least common.

cosminache
    Gast
    i didnt know astra g has a cable operated tempomat. what i seen from others is that they only change the stalk with a tempomat one, put a clutch pedal switch and activate the function.

however, i already have 2 tempomat units, one from an omega and one from vectra. i have a mantzel intake and i think it will be easier to link the cable from tempomat unit to the throtle body. In standard way, the position is quite hard to reach.

my wish is to find a good way to adapt the second cable to the throtle body. i hoped to find some pictures of how people did this.

i'm planning to put the tempomat where the secondary air pump used to be (i removed it since it was rusted and it didnt work anymore)

Senior
    Indeed there was a cable operated one, but only on the x18xe1 and x20xev motors. The later z-Motors had an electronical gas pedal and thus the cruise control was possible through software only.
    I plan to install one myself but since i have an x18xe1 implanted it will be easier with the throttle body. I plan to place the cruise control unit where the engine bay relays used to be.