Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4

Thema: X16XE Tuning

tigra1995
    Gast

X16XE Tuning

Hello Opel Gurus,

I am the owner of a Opel Tigra with a C16XE block and a X16XE.
    the engine has a Mantzel Powerbox and a Superchip, so between 125-130 ps.

I have saw the catalogue of Imotec, Dbilas and Risse-Motorsport.

I find Imotec tuning options interesting because of Power-provider, 268 º cams etc.

What is your experience with this firma?
    Does anyone out there has the engine tuned by Imotec?

Information about it would be nice.

Sorry I only speak English and use an Electronic translator for German, I am Portuguese

Cheers,

hello tigra 1995

I'll try my best to answer your question in english...

The Power-Provider of imotec is nothing more than a Chip-Tuning. It is basicly the same, because both things change the electronic engine management.
    I'm sorry, but "superchip" doesn't sound very trustworthily to me ?!
    But maybe I just don't know this company, and in Portugal they do good work...
    I just wanted to mention this, because many so called "Tuners" in fact sell totaly crap to the people, especially in the segment of chip tuning. Are you satisfied with this Chip-Tuning ?

Well...
    In order to make more Power with the x16xe, I would think about the standard stuff like a complete Exhaust-System. I mean a "group-A" System, which replaces the exhaust behind the catalytic converter.
    The pipes have a bigger diameter, so the gas can run out of the exhaust much easier.
    This could be a beginning...
    It may only release 3-4-5 horsepowers, but it's very recommended for further engine tuning, to make the engine "breath out" like it should.

Another option, or let's say an additional option could be a better "exhaus manifold"... i don't know the english word... what I mean is called "Fächerkrümmer"... the thing that is basicly the first part of the whole exhaus system... the four pipes that lead into the exhaust
    You should not except too much of this. A result of +3 or 4 hp is reaistic. With Cams you could make more HPs, but of course the installation of an exhaus-manifold is normally a lot easier.

You mentioned Cams. Yeah, right. Another option to make more power...
    Risse-Motorsport.de is a good company for such things...
    I would never choose cams with more than 268° or more than 1,2mm stroke at TDC ( Hub in OT ).
    Too "sharp" profiles could ruin the characterisitc of the engine. Less is often more in the sector of tuning made with cams.
    From for example 264° Cams with 0,8mm stroke at TDC you could except 8-9-10 HP.
    The negative aspect with cams is, that you loose power in the low rev section. But if the profile is quite soft, it should be no problem.

That are the basic things to tune a x16xe ecotec...
    By the way... I would avoid open sport filter units like a K+N i57 kit...
    a modified Filter-Case ( taken out silencer pipes... if the Opels in Portugal have such stupid things ) with sport-filter inlet can be much better, 'cos it doesn't suck in the warm air from under the bonnet.

I hope I could help you a little bit...

tigra1995
    Gast
    Thanks Blitzcrieg

I forgot to mention I already have Mantzel Gr A ab Kat exhaust, but it is always broking so I change the mid silencer!
    Also some head work (porting) in my X16 XE

fackerkrummer is the exhaust, manifold right

Superchip is a well known British firma, the chip is good quality and made +4,5 ps in my old X14XE and + 3nm. Drive ability of the car improved a lot.

I also have in my car an air filter like maxiflow of Imotec

Further tuning would be

cams +10-14 ps
    Bigger Trottle body +4ps
    Fackerkrummer +3
    Power provider +4-5 ps

However I don't think we can reach more then 155 ps in a X16xe.
    Imotec mention 163 ps but I think it is just too much.

Cheers,

if you already have the group-a exhaust, than I would think about cams as a further step.

Like I said, the profile shouldn't be so extreme...
    Dbilas 260° cams or Risse-Motorsport 264° Cams would be fine I think... anything beyond could ruin the characteristic of the engine too much...

Have you thought abaout a sports-catalysator ? Also called metal-catalytic-converter...
    That thing could reduce the pressure in the exhaust, like the group-a exhaust does...
    The stock ceramic-cat could reduce the potential of the remaining engine tuning...